Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Building a tubular dropped axle
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 09:37 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,278 Times in 1,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timothale View Post
One of the Car Clubs in San Jose Calif built a model T speedster, using a rotelieb speedster body with fenders and a donated 2.3 crashed pinto for the donor. They reamed the Pinto spindles for King pins then built a tube axle, It looked different with 5 in King pin bosses, A guy I worked with bought the T from the guy that bought the winning raffle ticket.
That was a club I was in (almost), NorCal Early Iron. Believe it or not one of the members was Gary Meadors owner of Goodguys. That T was built before I was was in the group (never did become a full fledged member) and was just a kid going over to one of the members houses (and shop) which was my God fathers son right down the street from me just two houses away. I saw it as it was being built but not much and don't remember a thing about it.

Gary wanted to have a bigger show than what we were doing every year at the local park and devised the "Pleasure faire" which I was a part of the first few years, it quickly became the largest single day rod event in California, and paved the way for Gary's "Goodguys". And in fact the Goodguys is held in the same Alameda fairgrounds as the Pleasure Faire was.

I don't remember anything about the build other than the details you gave and that it was a very cool little car, I wonder where it is now?

Brian