Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Burn in Clear or Re-Clear it all?
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 05:42 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Burn in Clear or Re-Clear it all?

Well, I cut the clear with 400 then 800. I had a spot that was in the worst possible area for a run which is by the back quarter window where the sail panel meets the quarter panel on the drivers side. Trying to get that out I burned through the clear...surprise huh? Anyway, there was a blemish in that same area that needed fixed anyway. You can see the problem spots on the first pic just below the back edge of window.

So how can I fix this?

Can I just spray some base to cover and then let it sit and then mist coat the clear and then apply two coats of clear on top of that and re-sand?

I guess that will give me a chance to practice my clear with the higher pressure anyway. However, I don't really want to do all that. I would have to spray the both quarter panels and the roof if I did this because there aren't any body panel gaps unless I tried to stop on a body line (67 Mustang).

I tried burning in clear at one time on a metallic paint job. I sucked on that one. I kind of just sprayed it and sprayed the burn in stuff from the aerosol can but I didn't have any real good advice.

Any recommendations?

SAM
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.JPG
Views:	130
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	54820   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.JPG
Views:	129
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	54821   Click image for larger version