Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Burned Eyes
Thread: Burned Eyes
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2010, 11:20 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW INTERIORS
The only place I have ever seen that you can get the right drops, was from a Doctor.. And now they won't prescribe it to you any more.. I have never seen a welding supply store that sell's the drops..

The only thing I know that does any good is pontocaine hydrochloride and it is prescription only, years ago it was easy to get but not anymore! I have been in many welding supplies and I have never seen drops of any kind for the eyes, not saying some don't have something but for sure it is not very common and CERTAINLY they won't have pontocain. In any case infection is the major danger and a severe flash burn should never be treated at home, while the vast majority of these burns are nothing more than a painful annoyance some are severe and can lead to serious problems. BE SAFE! Don't take a chance, if you get a flash burn let your doctor decide if it is serious or not and even if it is not antibiotics are going to be in order anyway to be safe and these definitely are going to be prescription only. Forget the home readies and see your doctor while you can still see!