Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Burned Eyes
Thread: Burned Eyes
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010, 07:18 PM
done learning, done living

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

we just got done erecting a building, 6 stories high completely welded together. Tubes as big a 8"x20". Working out of an aerial lift and crane basket and some extension ladder and scaffolding, when you have that new rod in the stinger sometimes you scratch the arc without even meaning to. I think a tig welder is the easiest to get it from, there is a whole different feeling to the eyes when you catch a glimpse of a tig welder. I agree with the previous post, I don't think I have ever gotten it while I was welding, usually it is when I have been working with someone else or working beside someone at a 4x8 table with. They do make small shade 5 and probably even darker screens that are very nice. I also agree with the safety glasses and face shields. I love face shields, we have them at work that clip right no our hard hats that are nice. What is more goofy looking safety glasses or a patch. There is no excuse for not wearing safety glasses, there are so many styles, shapes, colors, and they make prescription safety glasses and also overcasts for people with glasses. Sun glasses and reading glasses are not safety glasses. You can shoot through sunglasses and reading glasses with a bb gun, try that with a pair of safety glasses and you better have a pair on while doing it because the bb is coming back at you. We just had a safety meeting at work recently and they said if you lose your eyesight or your hearing it is gone forever. The worst part about safety in the work place is most employers provide safety equipment all you have to do is use it. Sorry for the long post guys.