Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Burned Eyes
Thread: Burned Eyes
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011, 11:14 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

This got me to thinking about the bottle of Pontocain I have from years ago so I looked at it just a bit ago and it is of course ruined, (8 years out of expiration! ) but then I would not have used old medicine like that anyway, it was just left over in an old first aid kit with some of my other old shop stuff and I had neglected to throw it away (I will toss the entire kit as everything in it is old). When I opened the bottle and poured some out in a lid it had had formed crystals that were small enough to have been picked up in the dropper and transferred to the eyes if someone had of attempted to use this stuff. While this was just left over junk from my old shop and there was never any danger of anyone using it someone may be tempted to use out-of-date drops and from what I see here that could be extremely dangerous! I have no doubt that these drops that had crystallized would have caused harm if used, just wanted to pass on another warning in case someone has some old medicine on hand. This is just one more good reason not to treat a flash burn at home.