Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Burned Eyes
Thread: Burned Eyes
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2007, 08:33 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not A T 25
I understand your point and although you are likely correct I would not take that chance with my eyes At the very least he should call! There may appear to be no permanent damage but visualize life black!

I would find it very hard to argue your point but flash burns happen all the time (far too often) and the danger comes in the first few hours. In the vast majority of cases it is nothing more than a painful experience and barring infection will heal just fine in a day or so. I aways recommend going to a doctor when the pain starts because at that point you have no way of knowing how bad the burn is and in extreme cases where there is severe blistering medical help is definitely needed. Even in the usual case going to the docs is a good idea when the symptoms start because they will give you an antibiotic and something to relieve the pain (the right way!) but after 24 hours or so there is not much for them to do anyway if the symptoms are already getting better. From what he is describing he had a mild case (Holder, think about a bad case now ) and it sounds like he is almost over it, most likely the symptoms would be all but gone by the time he could get in to see an ophthalmologist, BUT!! as I said if the symptoms get worse or don't go away in a few hours (not days!) then go see that doc.