Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Burned out on Hotrods
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2006, 09:57 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Burned out on Hotrods

I'm 57 and I've been customizing and building cars and trucks most of my life. I just sold 2 of my projects, a restored and modified '72 Scout and a custom '67 Chev C-10. This is the first time my garage has been empty. I guess I reached a point in my hobby where I'm totaly burned out and I'm looking for a change. I just rebuilt a '69 Johnson outboard motor, that was fun, but I really do need a big project.

So this is my plan. I'm gong to build a street legal 4X4 rock crawler. It will be based on a Jeep TJ. It will be late model Vett powered, 4L60 tranny with an Atlas transfer case. It will wear 35" (or 37") tires with a 6' lift. I'll use a Dana 44 in the front and a Dana 60 in the back. High tech all the way. I'll build it with alot of proven rock crawling products but I'll baby it instead of beat it.

This is just a diversion until I'm ready for another custom street machine. I'm in the mood for something outragous. Any better ideas?