Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Burned out my CP D/A sander...whats next?
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 06:33 PM

Last journal entry: Project 92' Eddie
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Burned out my CP D/A sander...whats next?

I burned out my Central Pnumatic 6" D/A sander the other day. I completly stripped my 92 bronco top to bottom with it over the last few weeks and I did one small quarter panel job with it last year. I still have the doors of the bronco left to do, So ill need to pick up a new DA. The CP i had was relatively cheap, i think it was around20-30 bucks from a harbor freight store and I didnt expect it to last forever, I oiled it every time I would use it for long periods of time I think it just had enough. Anyway im looking online for a new one and this came up

Amazon.com: Dynabrade 21035 6-Inch (152 mm) Diameter Non-Vacuum Dynorbital-Spirit Random Orbital Sander, 12000 RPM, 3/16-Inch 5 mm Diameter Orbit: Home Improvement Amazon.com: Dynabrade 21035 6-Inch (152 mm) Diameter Non-Vacuum Dynorbital-Spirit Random Orbital Sander, 12000 RPM, 3/16-Inch 5 mm Diameter Orbit: Home Improvement

I have heard great things about this brand, The CP I had was a absolute air hog. Hopefully this one if I buy it will do better. Is this a reccomended model for paint stripping?? Its just the "palm style" DAs that are for finish sanding right?? Thanks

Last edited by Mach1460; 08-21-2012 at 06:41 PM.