Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Burning oil?
Thread: Burning oil?
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2013, 03:39 PM
Proud LOSER

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by techinspector1 View Post
Another thought I had was to bolt on a block-off plate to replace the carbutetor. The plate would be drilled, tapped and fitted with a Schraeder valve (tubeless tire valve). Back off all valves so that all combustion chambers are tight. Low-pressure (5 psi) smoke could be admitted to the intake and seen coming out the oil dipstick tube if there was a leak from the manifold to the crankcase.
That might be something simple I can put together at the shop this week. I was out today in it, and had wife behind me, at cruising speeds, or gentle accel from a stop its fine, zero trace of smoke, but anytime I lean on it hard, or even hit it hard while idling in park, as soon as I lift off the throttle there's smoke, 2 seconds later its gone again. So would that rule out rings or valve seals in your opinion? After really taking a look at it today yes, its got a very slight blue tinge to it, but its more grey smoke then anything. I'm almost wondering if its Carb related more then oil. The fuel guage sending unit in the cell was gummed up with stuff and wouldntbread until I took it apart and cleaned it, it sat a long long time with stabalizer in the fuel, and I'm wondering if some residue is in the Carb causing issues.