Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Is burning your hands like this common or am I just the dumbest?
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 06:43 PM
Steel Dreams

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by killeratrod View Post
Gloves , I don't need no stinking Gloves!!
Ahh yes just when you think gloves will protect you.......Was welding on a 20' multi deck mower in very cramped space, finished my weld and pulled back to get out before I was in a good position to brace myself hit the trigger on the mig and shot that red hot little ball on metal on the end of the wire tru the glove tru the skin of my index finger right to the bone ! three weeks before I could use my finger ....But the dumbest thing I will admit to......Years ago I built racing go kart motors, had one on the test stand, had reworked the carb , new head gasket etc. Was running it up to some very high RPMS saw some white smoke coming out of the breather and thought WTH .....was reaching for the kill switch when the rod went out the back of the block ( actually many small pieces ) oil going every where.....I thought Crap !!! ( not what I actually thought or said ) now I'm going to have to build another motor before tomorrow nights races when I looked down and laying on the floor was a good sized piece of the rod cap and not thinking I reached down and picked the dam thing up !!!!It instantly burned the impression of the cap mounting side complete with bolt hole in to my thumb and burned two ribs into my index finger....I went to the sink and started running cold water on my fingers which did not do a dam bit of good.......I thought I must have had DUMB ASSE written on my fore head!!!!!

Kenny