Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - burr it's getting cold
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 06:51 AM

Last journal entry: was hoping for better than this
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

burr it's getting cold

Hello..
I have a one car garage.. with no unsulation.. and not much in the way of heat..
we get winter weather in the teens to 30's , not cold for some.. but it's darn cold..
my queston is I have some carhart sweatshirts/pants etc.. but they are quite thick.. limiting arm useage when you need to get your hand in a small spot.. and I end up taking the sweatshirt off.. because of that..
1) is their anything thinner that isn't ski gear thats an arm and a leg.. that I'll just kill working on my car /truck?
2) glooves.. mechanic wear. has many.. the one set I bought the stiching started to come out within a week.. bum luck or?

I've found that a hotplate (the type you'd put food pans on at the holidays..) works good at keeping the tools your using toasty so my hands don't freeze from 18* steel..

insulating the garage would be ideal.. not in the cards this year..
I do have a tube heater that runs off propane.. and has a fan that blows the air around.. haven't used it because it's kinda pointless.. with not way for the heat to stay inside..

my ears get cold but my head mosttimes doesn't.. even without a winters hat.. going to use my over ears cordless headphones this year to see if they help.. but they are not totally over ear..

basicly if I can keep my ears/fingers/toes warm I'm good to go..

open to all ideas..