Buy American {the Job you save Might be your own} - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Off-Topic
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View Poll Results: So you think The U.S.A. is screwing itself?
OH HELL YEA!!! been going on for too long, time for a dramatic change! 11 100.00%
No. you've lost your mind !!Now who left the cage open again. 0 0%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2008, 02:52 PM
AKA:"SLOWRIDE66"take it easy!

Last wiki edit: How to post pictures on a forum
Last journal entry: 85 Suburban
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 38

Exclamation Buy American {the Job you save Might be your own}

I was Outraged @ the Story I read about People getting Burned {Quite literally} by Chemical ingredients put into products to make them "Less Germy"

Chinese Burn

Read this please

http://www.lamanaphotography.com/walmart.htm

Well that is just the surface of my outrage & its the fact that Our Country is Giving it all away & not getting it back.
to the point where in a generation or two there will be no one to think clearly enuf to stand up to the Chinese & foreign take over of our financial markets.

I Employ you to stand up {get off the couch} & fight for your Rights before our way of life is nothing more than boring reading in some blog as a foot note to the killing of the greatest nation on earth.

http://www.bac-america.org/buy_ameri...the_u_s_a_.htm

http://www.bac-america.org/

http://www.buyamerican.com/

http://www.madeinusa.org/

So this is a poll to see if I am off my rocker or on target .

Please feel free to say what ever you want as long as it stays on topic .

Any way the U.S.A. is screwing itself or getting Screwed seems to fit.

I Don't have any kids . . .

legit or not .but I am sure someones kids might thank you some day if you choose the American Hard Road .

Hell I will act like a kid & thank you now!

R

Advertisement

"Illegitimis non carborundum"
Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Crankshaft Coalition Master List of Hotrodding Forums
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2008, 07:03 PM
You got a leaky spark tube...

Last wiki edit: Rearend removal
Last journal entry: General Lee
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 19

I really do make a conscious effort to look for things made in the USA, or at the very least not made in China. But that's easier said than done.

I work at a government owned and operated shipyard and I frequently come across tools, parts and other supplies from China that are directly used in overhaul and repair of the very ships that are supposed to defend us against a country like China should that situation ever arise. Unfortunately, the "buy from the lowest bidder" mentality is widespread.

If we as citizens of this country are to be expected to buy American made products then the government should lead by example.

Last edited by Blazin72; 06-26-2008 at 10:32 PM.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:54 PM

Last journal entry: Finished
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I was surprised to learn just yesterday that even Henry's Model A was not all "American made". My neighbor (President of the Lakeland Area Model A Club) told me many of the original parts were imported including the carbs (French) and bearings (German). There was even an occasional metric screw or bolt here and there. Not sure it adds much to the discussion...but thought it was interesting.
Old 06-27-2008, 12:38 AM

Last photo:

you're absolutely right slow ride. It's too bad for our nation that it is being sold out the door. People care more about their cell phone that can make pancakes then about how the all the sweet jobs that a man can support a family with have drifted overseas.
Old 06-27-2008, 12:28 PM
AKA:"SLOWRIDE66"take it easy!

Last wiki edit: How to post pictures on a forum
Last journal entry: 85 Suburban
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 38

1st of Thanks to the 7 out of 53 who voted ... that says alot with out saying a word.
I sort of figured that when I spouted off & in there is where I see the biggest problem lies

Quote:
Joe blow average citizen

"Ehh I doing OK so I will turn a blind eye to whats really going on"
Blazin 72

our Goobers in ment are the ones selling us down the river . they can combined the efforts of 7 or 9 different nations to make the newest baddest stealth bomber at the tune of TWO HUNDRED BILLION!!! US DOLLARS but our vets from the previous wars are left literally homeless in the streets.

Its pathetic.

Cboy I find that interesting too I am not saying we need to boycott the globe but what I am saying is before we head off the China land we look in out own back yard to see if we have what we need.

Gladis that reminds me of a e mail I got a few days ago...

Old guys rocků

Quote:
A STUNNING SENIOR MOMENT

Apparently, a self-important college freshman attending a recent football game took it upon himself to explain to a senior citizen sitting next to him why it was impossible for the older generation to understand his generation.

'You grew up in a different world, actually an almost primitive one' the student said,loud enough for many of those nearby to hear. 'The Young people of today grew up with television, jet planes, space travel, man walking on the moon. Our space probes have visited Mars. We have nuclear energy, ships and electric and hydrogen cars, cell phones. Computers with light-speed processing... And more.'

After a brief silence the senior citizen responded as follows:

'You're right, son.

We didn't have those things when we were young ... so we invented them. Now, you arrogant little chit, what are you doing for the next generation?'

The applause was amazing ...........

Something needs to change for the better of the USA. or it will not be the USA much longer.

R

"Illegitimis non carborundum"
Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Crankshaft Coalition Master List of Hotrodding Forums
Old 06-27-2008, 12:44 PM
Licenced Automotive Technician

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Keller
A STUNNING SENIOR MOMENT

Apparently, a self-important college freshman attending a recent football game took it upon himself to explain to a senior citizen sitting next to him why it was impossible for the older generation to understand his generation.

'You grew up in a different world, actually an almost primitive one' the student said,loud enough for many of those nearby to hear. 'The Young people of today grew up with television, jet planes, space travel, man walking on the moon. Our space probes have visited Mars. We have nuclear energy, ships and electric and hydrogen cars, cell phones. Computers with light-speed processing... And more.'

After a brief silence the senior citizen responded as follows:

'You're right, son.

We didn't have those things when we were young ... so we invented them. Now, you arrogant little chit, what are you doing for the next generation?'

The applause was amazing ...........

Whoever said it was right on the money. It isn't just the USA, either. All of us are floating down the same river of chit, with a leaky boat. The gov't is in on it, as well as the big corporations. They all want to plus size profits, and reduce costs. But what they don't seem to understand is that while this is a great profit generator in the relatively short term, they are cutting their own throats over the long term. When the cost of fuel and therefor everything else goes through the roof like it is now, the average citizen will tighten the belt and stop spending. The products these corporations produce will no longer be in demand, as no one can afford to buy them. They time is coming when you eill need a crate of cash money just to buy a loaf of bread. It's called inflation, and it was a major contributor to the start of WWII. The crate of money referance comes from there, it happened in post WWI Germany. Only now it is going global, and losing a war didn't make it happen. It has been caused by our own greed.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.