Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Buy American made..Sears ?
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 09:21 AM
put up or shut up

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearheadslife View Post
^^^^^^^^^ b/s you need it, you save.. you start with used..
we buy imported stuff because we can't do without anything, have to have it all.
I look at it this way, you support slavery everytime you knowingly buy imported goods.. spin it any way you want.. but thats the bottom line.. as long as you can buy cheap junk, 401k is making money and your employed, you couldn't care less..
only way this countries gonna claw back is if the people look for and demand made here items.. and learn they don't need everything they are told they need.. as I'm sure no one could aford an i phone if it was made here, even tho they'll stand in line every 6-9 months to buy a replacement for the one in their hand that works just fine..
or that tv having to buy a 42 or 60" because well the 38" isn't big enough in the penis war with your buddies..
we all can afford to buy american made.. we are just wastefull.. got to have it, marketers wet dream
so now you're telling me what I need and don't need? Ok mom, then why don't you come here and pay for the $4000-$10,000 tool box made in America for me? If I need a tool box I need a tool box PERIOD and I don't have to justify that purchase with anybody when I earn the money I pay for it with.

BTW, I have never owned a smart phone. I get the free phones offered every two years for the coverage plan.

Had I been a body man in the "good ol days" I'd be in a better situation in order to pay for tools made in The USA, but I have elected to take less pay in order to work on cars I truly love, old schools. In production I was making 50k-60k but now only make 12k working half a day so I can watch my daughter. I can't buy American tools and don't feel guilty about it.

Last edited by tech69; 12-13-2012 at 09:27 AM.