Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Buy American made..Sears ?
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 02:35 PM
or Jeff, or Doc, or...

Last journal entry: Results of the Camaro
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I'll agree its harder and harder to buy domestic.
I'll also agree a GOOD wage is getting harder and harder to get.

Anyone see the parallel there?

I dont want to bore anyone with History, but back before any of us were born, in NYC, there was a very large community of Jewish Settlers who were starving and destitute. Much worse than we are today. They bought things from within their community regardless of price. When they went outside the community, the bargained very hard, and when they sold outside the community, they never dropped their price. What did that do? It meant the members could get a fair price for products, yet anything to come INTO their area, was discounted heavily. It kept the money in the community and eventually, most of the community thrived. We've lost that lesson. Probably to anti semitists?No clue why. The important thing is, when a dollar goes out of the country, only a very small portion comes back due to our ineffective trade policies. So, sure, buy from Harbor Freight, if you can pay them literally nothing. BUT its important to buy more domestic to offset that loss of sale. Im not saying buy off a truck. There are still domestic tool makers. The Hand Tools Institute Member Directory The job you save may be your own.