Buy American made..Sears ? - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Off-Topic
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2012, 10:45 PM
put up or shut up

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

It's not the fault of Americans for buying what they can afford, it's the fault of greedy people looking to other countries for cheap labor and also the cost to do business in America.

If I bought a big tool box made in America I'd still be paying for it. I can't afford that but I still need a tool box.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2012, 11:35 PM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:

^^^^^^^^^ b/s you need it, you save.. you start with used..
we buy imported stuff because we can't do without anything, have to have it all.
I look at it this way, you support slavery everytime you knowingly buy imported goods.. spin it any way you want.. but thats the bottom line.. as long as you can buy cheap junk, 401k is making money and your employed, you couldn't care less..
only way this countries gonna claw back is if the people look for and demand made here items.. and learn they don't need everything they are told they need.. as I'm sure no one could aford an i phone if it was made here, even tho they'll stand in line every 6-9 months to buy a replacement for the one in their hand that works just fine..
or that tv having to buy a 42 or 60" because well the 38" isn't big enough in the penis war with your buddies..
we all can afford to buy american made.. we are just wastefull.. got to have it, marketers wet dream
Old 12-13-2012, 07:31 AM

I agree

If it wasn't for gearheadslife, based on what I have seen here, I would have un-joined already, I guess I must have missed something growing up. I won't own a foreign car, or foreign tools, as long as I can possibly buy one made in America. I know I will hear the usual bs about American cars not being American, but they say they are made here, so that's all I can go by.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:46 AM
T-Bucket, Corvette, Mustang

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Last time I was in the Summit Racing retail store in Tallmadge, they had a huge floor display of Craftsman tools and tool boxes. I see recently Summit is offering a 10-20% discount off the entire line. I didn't look at the pricing as I wasn't shopping for tools, but I probably wouldn't buy these from Summit when there are about 6 Sears department and hardware stores with the same stuff and are closer than the 50 miles to the Summit store.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:21 AM
put up or shut up

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearheadslife View Post
^^^^^^^^^ b/s you need it, you save.. you start with used..
we buy imported stuff because we can't do without anything, have to have it all.
I look at it this way, you support slavery everytime you knowingly buy imported goods.. spin it any way you want.. but thats the bottom line.. as long as you can buy cheap junk, 401k is making money and your employed, you couldn't care less..
only way this countries gonna claw back is if the people look for and demand made here items.. and learn they don't need everything they are told they need.. as I'm sure no one could aford an i phone if it was made here, even tho they'll stand in line every 6-9 months to buy a replacement for the one in their hand that works just fine..
or that tv having to buy a 42 or 60" because well the 38" isn't big enough in the penis war with your buddies..
we all can afford to buy american made.. we are just wastefull.. got to have it, marketers wet dream
so now you're telling me what I need and don't need? Ok mom, then why don't you come here and pay for the $4000-$10,000 tool box made in America for me? If I need a tool box I need a tool box PERIOD and I don't have to justify that purchase with anybody when I earn the money I pay for it with.

BTW, I have never owned a smart phone. I get the free phones offered every two years for the coverage plan.

Had I been a body man in the "good ol days" I'd be in a better situation in order to pay for tools made in The USA, but I have elected to take less pay in order to work on cars I truly love, old schools. In production I was making 50k-60k but now only make 12k working half a day so I can watch my daughter. I can't buy American tools and don't feel guilty about it.

Last edited by tech69; 12-13-2012 at 09:27 AM.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:27 AM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69 View Post
so now you're telling me what I need and don't need? Ok mom, then why don't you come here and pay for the $4000-$10,000 tool box made in America for me? If I need a tool box I need a tool box PERIOD and I don't have to justify that purchase with anybody when I earn the money I pay for it with.

BTW, I have never owned a smart phone. I get the free phones offered every two years for the coverage plan.

Had I been a body man in the "good ol days" I'd be in a better situation in order to pay for tools made in The USA, but I have elected to take less pay in order to work on cars I truly love, old schools. In production I was making 50k-60k but now only make 12k working half a day so I can watch my daughter. I can't buy American tools and don't feel guilty about it.
aybe your boss should pay you a wage of a 3rd world country, as seen as you're ok with that..

oh thats right, you want good pay, freedom of when to work and stuff like that but won't support made here that offers the same to their employees,
man are people blind
Old 12-13-2012, 11:04 AM
SB S10

Last photo:

Quote:
aybe your boss should pay you a wage of a 3rd world country, as seen as you're ok with that..

oh thats right, you want good pay, freedom of when to work and stuff like that but won't support made here that offers the same to their employees,
man are people blind
you support unions now?
Old 12-13-2012, 12:11 PM
put up or shut up

Last photo:

Quote:

man are people blind
what part of can't afford it don't you get? Trust me, I'd like to buy only American for everything I buy but just can't. I'm pretty much at the bottom of the pay scale for my qualifications and am ok with that for now, but when I make more I assure you I will buy more American made tools. It's not that I don't want to.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:29 PM

Just skip it.

gearheadslife, I think we should just skip it, as obviously some just don't get it. The line you used earlier about buying used was perfect, and I have had to do it many times, but at least I got my American made tools. I would rather skip lunches, ride my bike to work in the cold, etc.. to have money to buy one Snap On or Matco ratchet, than have someone give me the best made ratchet in China, ya see, I love my country, and the people in it, including the ones that don't agree with me, so I will do whatever I have to to help America.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:42 PM
SB S10

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnamara532 View Post
gearheadslife, I think we should just skip it, as obviously some just don't get it. The line you used earlier about buying used was perfect, and I have had to do it many times, but at least I got my American made tools. I would rather skip lunches, ride my bike to work in the cold, etc.. to have money to buy one Snap On or Matco ratchet, than have someone give me the best made ratchet in China, ya see, I love my country, and the people in it, including the ones that don't agree with me, so I will do whatever I have to to help America.
he lectures about wasteful spending and then bashes for not purchasing the most expensive.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:44 PM
put up or shut up

Last photo:

Macnamara/gearheadslife,

if you want to skip a meal that's your perogative but I made a promise to feed my daughter only organic food. You think $7 for a gallon of milk is cheap? You think any organic food is cheap? While I'm eating Monsanto crap foos my baby is eating the best I can offer and she never skips a meal. Really think US made tools are more important to me than providing the best life possible for my daughter?

I have you know I have deep connections in the skateboarding world and I once had a shirt company. I was directed by a few friends to contact their manufacturers in China and they'd pull some strings so I can get a good deal with minimum orders. I refused and went local. The printed tag inside the shirt said "MADE IN THE USA". I never made a dime on that company but sure spent a lot of time in Illustrator designing the stuff.

When I get back from work let me find my files on the tag so I can post it up. If I can't I'll just take a pic of the inside of a shirt I still have laying around.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:48 PM
Bye Jerks

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog7373 View Post
Sears wanted $25 for a 32mm wrench. I straight up asked them "why is this wrench so expensive?"
Price a 32mm wrench from the SNAP-ON truck.

"Buy American" is nice... but it's not always possible.
( Not to mention, not everything "Made in America" is superior. Hard to pay more for an inferior product. A lesson we learned from the Japanese. A lesson we are still learning. )
Old 12-13-2012, 01:07 PM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by runn141 View Post
he lectures about wasteful spending and then bashes for not purchasing the most expensive.
I help keep people here employed, and our economy..
you can if you want become a tool to distroy our economy and help other countries economies over your own. thats your choice..
and it's no wonder there are no jobs..
Old 12-13-2012, 01:07 PM

Yeah right.

I really don't care if a Japanese tool is better and costs less, I am sure my uncle would tell you the same thing, unfortunately he can't, he died on the island of Iwo Jima. You go right ahead buying your foreign made items, maybe in the next war your uncle will be the one not to come home.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:09 PM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69 View Post
Macnamara/gearheadslife,

if you want to skip a meal that's your perogative but I made a promise to feed my daughter only organic food. You think $7 for a gallon of milk is cheap? You think any organic food is cheap? While I'm eating Monsanto crap foos my baby is eating the best I can offer and she never skips a meal. Really think US made tools are more important to me than providing the best life possible for my daughter?

I have you know I have deep connections in the skateboarding world and I once had a shirt company. I was directed by a few friends to contact their manufacturers in China and they'd pull some strings so I can get a good deal with minimum orders. I refused and went local. The printed tag inside the shirt said "MADE IN THE USA". I never made a dime on that company but sure spent a lot of time in Illustrator designing the stuff.

When I get back from work let me find my files on the tag so I can post it up. If I can't I'll just take a pic of the inside of a shirt I still have laying around.
organic food.. hahahahaha..
star a garden.. thats the only way your geting "organic" FYI a lot of that comes from china.. you know the place that puts antifreeze in dog food and baby formula..
yummy yummy in the tummy..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.