Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Buying in Bulk
Thread: Buying in Bulk
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2009, 06:42 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks for the info guys! The kit that Dynamat has does do a whole car but my problem is is that I have two to do right now and then one more right after these two.
I thought about the cheap alternatives like Peel and Stick and then the bubble insulation wrap they use on hot water heaters but I do not want to use that stuff. IMO it was meant to be on a house for a reason. I have used the Peel and Stick before and it did fine but it's a tar based product unlike 3M Q-Pads and Dynamat.
DanTwoLakes, what do you think about buying double sided foil jute by the yardage? www.yourautotrim.com, www.perfectfit.com and a few other online places have it for about $16 and some change for a 48" wide yard of it to insulate and I guess it will help sound deaden. I am not set on Dynamat brand by any means, just something that I can completely cover the inside of the doors, the floors, firewall, etc. I guess the stick type pads (peel and stick or 3M Q-Pads) just need to be done in sections to get the tinny sound out. I am guessing the 3M Q-Pads are fine/best for this?

Thanks again guys! I have been reading quite a bit of threads here and learning a lot. I love doing the interior stuff and always wanted to learn so I guess now is my chance. I've installed insulation and carpets before but never really touched sewing/stitching and things of that sort.