Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Buying a LPH400 for base and clears what setup to buy?
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 11:36 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Buying a LPH400 for base and clears what setup to buy?

First of all I'm a first time painter, and I plan on painting my whole car

After doing lots of research on guns (spent the last 2 days (10+hours) digging on the internet) I've decided to buy a LPH400 for my base and clears... figured if i was going to buy equipment I might as well spend my money on some high end equipment... and some cheap gun for primer, since I'm going to sand it anyways, until I can afford a better primer gun.

So the question is since this gun has so many different setups (different nozzle sizes (1.2, 1.3, 1.4 etc etc) different caps (silver, orange, purple), different cup sizes) which one would be right for me? for just base and clears.

I plan on painting my this colour (see picture below), and yes it's also a 180sx(240sx) I know its a jappa, this forum just seemed like it had good info, please don't discriminate .

As for cup size I assume 1L cup as I'm going to paint a whole car and that should save me from refilling as much?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by drewpoh; 04-26-2011 at 11:46 AM.