Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Buying New M-22 Super Case Trans
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2006, 07:17 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last journal entry: PICTURE TEST
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

rating

Most guys will not give a rating on hp or tq rating because of the liability,,, or else they give a real low number to cover there butts.... If they told you that the transmission would take 600 ft lbs and you put it in a big tire car with 575 ft lbs and go out and tire shake the thing to death it's going to break the transmission and then they would be liable to fix it..Not the transmissions fault but because they gave a number most customers would expect it to be fixed for free......

My warehouse guy tell me they are safe at 450hp.... But i would guess they could take almost double that in a car thats set-up correct... The original m-22's were raced in cars that had more then 450 ft lbs and they worked well, but did break sometimes... So with the new engineered pieces i would think the tq rating should be greatly increased.....

So i doubt you will ever get a realistic number, but if you do and the transmission breaks i am sure the guy is going to forget what he told you...L.O.L.

If your interested in buying one do your homework,,,not everything is as it looks...when it comes to compairing prices....

Keith