Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Buying a Trans Am
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 10:17 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerformula View Post
I think with some of the older cars you take what you can get in terms of body, especially if you get a good price. With this car, even though the TA's are reasonably desirable, they're pretty common and not worth a ton unless they're in absolutely perfect condition.

Starting where you are, there's no chance you'll ever get your money back out of this car if you take it to mint. Maybe you're not concerned about that, I wasn't when I bought mine.

With this car being more common, however, I would start with a little nicer car. Just because you can get a car cheap doesn't mean its a good deal. The car you have there doesn't look like its in terrible shape, but it needs just about everything. Seals are all going to be shot, the interior is going to need to be redone, there is a very good portion of the body that needs serious work even though most of the car looks like its all there.

I think another 1-2 thousand spent on the front end of this project will save you 5-6 thousand on the back and probably a year's time.

Good luck

K
thanks man ill find another one he has then i ws supposed to go yesterday but was called in to work and im not off till saturday so ill post some pics up of the one i see with the best body and frame and undercarriage