Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - C-4 shifting troubles
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2007, 07:49 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

C-4 shifting troubles

I own a 72 Comet with a 302 and a C4 tranny. I built a high hp 302 for it. I just last night got the car back from the tech. I had him install a Hurst V_Matic floor shifter. He says the linkage is hooked up right. My issue is that the car will not shift into 3rd gear. It shifts into 2nd easily. When it gets to 3rd however, it acts like its in neutral. I rev on it and nothing happens. Theres nothing behind the throttle. If I let up on it and let the rpm come down, it kinda "clunks" really soft and I can feel the drive train again. I got a electric ignition for it. Its the kind that just drops right into the dist. all you have to do is set the rev limiter. I don't know what that was set at. You think maybe its set too low? I tried everything I could think of. I played around with different vacuum ports for the vacuum modulator, I checked the fluid. I put in a product called Lube Guard, its supposed to loosen up stuck valves and stuff like that. It didn't work either. The car has been sitting for little over a year. I don't know if something isn't hooked up right or what. Any suggestions?