Hot Rod Forum banner

c-4 transmission in a 63 ford falcon

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  h0trod 
#1 ·
hey guys! so im new here and ive got a problem. the original transmission i had in my 6cyl 63 falcon is crap and is having major problems shifting into the second gear. if i floor it it eventually shifts but only when i reach 40mph, or after just driving for a little bit. it also constantly stalls but i think we got that fixed. some people have recommended a c-4 tranny. other then making adjustments to everything else it would end up fitting and working great. i found one that came out of a 64 ford fairlane removed from 1964 Ford Fairlane .788-inch 24-spline input shaft, stock stall speed 1800-2200- now im not sure if this would be able to fit in t]he car and things like this are well out of my knowledge]right now. id really appreciate the help if any one has any idea of what i should do seeing as looking for an original tranny is pretty hard! Ford C 4 Transmission | eBay
this is the tranny i found

#3 ·
can i put a c-4 transmission in my 63 ford falcon,. if yes how and what do i need. its a 6cyl

the flywheel you have will work.
as long as it has the same bolt pattern on the bell housing it will bolt up just fine.

a new rear crossmember will have to be made, along with a new drive shaft.

i could sell you my 2 speed out of my 62 ranchero as soon as i put my 4 speed manual in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.