Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - c-4 transmission info
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2002, 07:18 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I can't tell by your letter if you will be using just the transmission from the 64 Fairlane or the Fairlane is the car you will be " hotrodding " . The bellhousing you have is a valuable commodity in that it is rare. If you posted to the TFFN forum @ <a href="http://www.digest@udonit.com" target="_blank">www.digest@udonit.com</a> , you will find plenty of offers for thast bellhousing or someone who will do a 6 bolt swap. That '64 C4 is a "green dot" shift pattern cruise-o-matic. It has a really wierd shift pattern to it and not conducive to " hot rodding " . If you find a 66-69 c4 valve body and swap it in, then your " green dot " cruise-o-matic will act just like the later model c4. I have rebuilt a few of the c4s and find them reliable and easy to work on. In stock setup, they will handle about 300 HP. Much more than that and they will need some beefing up. They can be built to handle over 400 HP. I've got to go now as this site is trying to send me viruses as I am writing. Thanks to Norton AV, they are being quarantined. Sorry.