c-4 transmission problems finding flex plate - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Transmission - Rearend
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2012, 10:07 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

c-4 transmission problems finding flex plate

i have a 1974 302 motor out of a maverick going by the casting numbers wich is D4DE-6015-AA the trans is a 69 model going by the bell housing numbers behind the tourqe converter which is RF-C4AP-7A105-A i no i have the large bell house cause i have an 12 inch tourqe converter my flex plate was cracked and i cant find the same one the bleeder valve on the converter is in the middle of the flywheel bolts the part store wants to give me one where the hole for the bleeder valve is about an inch from the bolt hole i have looked at models from 68 to 78 and i found one thats looks the same but it says its for a c-6 the flex plate is 14 and a qauter wide has 164 teeth from bolt to bolt its 10 and a half inches i dont no if im tryn to order one in the wrong year model r if its the wrong flex plate r wrong converter r what it was fine running before any advice is greatfull this has put me at a stand still for about two weeks now like i said the whole ordeal is the bleeder valve hole on the flex plate

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2012, 01:02 AM

Last wiki edit: Transmission identification
Wiki Edits: 85

You will get more and better answers if you break your posts in to legible paragraphs, use proper punctuation, and use proper spelling.

I tried reading what you said and got so confused after the first line that I gave up. I am sure many others that could help you will never take the time to unscramble this mess. I know I won't waste my time.

Basically, you want free help. You are not going to get much help if you make it impossible for us to understand what you are saying. To put it extremely bluntly, and not very tactfully, if you are too lazy and/or inconsiderate to make your posts easy for us to follow, we are too busy to waste our time trying to help you. We have other better things to do with our lives.
Old 03-23-2012, 07:36 AM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

Sorry, we don't text here - we actually write in sentences.

I think you had best call someone like TCI, B&M or ATP who manufacture aftermarket flex plates and know all of the various offering - or try Ford.
Old 03-23-2012, 07:39 AM

Last journal entry: The Cheetah
Last photo:

For sure...I had to take 2 aspirins after reading that....and since I suffered thru it,i'll respond,so my headache didn't go in vain......Jeremy,you have 2 options....1] look online at the Summit website under ''flexplate'',and find the flexplate in the picture that matches the 1 in your hand....OR...2] Walk into an independent transmission shop,not a parts store, with the flexplate in your hand.They know a heck of a lot more about flywheels,and have better access to flexplate suppliers, than most parts stores do.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:32 AM

sorry aint an english teacher and not lazt either

Last edited by jeremy culp; 03-23-2012 at 11:41 AM.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:39 AM

thanks for your help. Sorry about the confusion and the headach. This is all very confusing for me and the computer to. thanks

Recent Transmission - Rearend posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.