Hot Rod Forum banner

C 4 Vacume line

995 views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  dwc12345 
#1 ·
Looking for where to plug in the vacume line to my C 4 tranny. There is no tube or any kind of connection near the modulator. There is an open tube on the drivers side. Is that where the vacume line goes? Thank You

#2 ·
dwc12345 said:
Looking for where to plug in the vacume line to my C 4 tranny. There is no tube or any kind of connection near the modulator. There is an open tube on the drivers side. Is that where the vacume line goes? Thank You

Photo post is the end of the vacuum modulator where the rubber hose atttaches.

this modulator needs full vacuum from the intake manifold.

the open tube you mention on the drivers side may be an early design breather tube. No vacuum goes there.

:cool:

#6 ·
this photo is a C4 modulator.

if you have a c4 trans , it is located on the passenger side of the main trans case at the rear - facing to the rear.

The mod either threads in or has a bracket with a bolt to hold the mod into the case

#9 ·
dwc12345 said:
Ok, I'm getting it. There was some grease and dirt around the hole, and a screw on the end of the nipple. I've never seen a vacume inlet with a screw in it. Anybody know what size vacume hose I need? Thanks Alot!
The screw is to adjust the part throttle shift points.
The vacuum actually goes through the hole in the middle of the screw.
I think the line is 1/4 metal line (use brake line) running up to the intake manifold, connected with short pieces of rubber line on each end.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.