Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - C/K drum brake issue
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 07:56 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

c/k brake issue

Thanks T-bucket23, that sounds like a plan to try.
I went to the junk yard and was able to get a couple of rear lines for each side from a couple early 80s c/k trucks that appear to be in pretty good shape. They broke free quite easily to add a little spite to the whole situation... murphy's law I guess.
Now I want to remove the primary soft black rubber line and replace it as well since it's got quite a few small cracks visible. The 7/16" nut on this one is in the same boat. The two soft lines at the front to each wheel look to be in the same shape and will be replaced in the near future hopefully. I'll start soaking those hard/soft line connections for a few days with something prior to trying to break them free. From the pic of the new rear soft line it looks to have a nut on the back of the fitting that can be use to help break the line free (fingers double crossed). If not that then a little heat will be used. Hopefully the liquid wrench soaking on that joint has done something. It wouldn't turn yesterday so I left it alone.
I need to stop looking for problems. They don't seem to be in short supply.
Intially I just wanted to bleed the system and couldn't break any of the bleeder screws loose.