Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - C4 Corvette Turbo/Super Charger
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2006, 12:41 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Crossfire Supercharger

Thank you, Silentpoet. The only concern that I have with any engine change-out is the work required to get any new powerplant hooked up. What I mean is the computer, sensors, linkages, wiring, etc. To make any change at all from the Crossfire means going all the way. Aside from the front springs and raditor, it would be just as easy to put a big block in. I don't think there would be an easier manifold to supercharge than the Crossfire but I understand that the motors are so obscure that it is unlikely to be commercially viable for a machine shop to set up the jigs, or for a programmer to design a new computer chip. I am coming to the realization that putting new gears in the rear end is probably the best way to go and I think that the performance increase would match the 4-5 lbs. of boost I could comfortably get out of a supercharger. Still, it would be very cool but I like the fact that my car starts first time every time and that everything works just the way it is supposed to. I just wish I had a little more for these turbocharged rice burners than looking good (and the fact that I actually have a hot chic in the passenger seat of my car instead of one of my 'homies').