Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - C4 full manual valve body
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2008, 05:15 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68NovaSS
What added 'band'? You won't be going into the trans for a manual valve body install. The valve body's pistons (slide valves), springs, ball placement and modified separator plates dictate that function. There are kits, TransGo is one, that allow for either manual/auto or full Manual valve body modification to your own valve body, or you can go with a complete valve body from any number of suppliers. To the best of my knowledge, all 'full manual' valve bodies will have braking because they will engage all gears at all speeds if selected. A manual/auto VB (upshift manually or use as a full auto shift) will not. I've used them both and prefer the full manual forward shift myself.

The spring rates/removal and separator plate drilling will determine the harshness and speed of the shift.
Doesn't the C4 also apply the reverse band when in 1st gear for the engine-braking? I know my AOD does in manual 1st. And in 2nd manual it also applies the OD band for engine-braking!