Hot Rod Forum banner

C6 governor recalibration kit?

9K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  turchiac 
#1 ·
Does anyone know where to get a governor recalibration kit for a C6? i bought one for my TH400 from summit but cant seem to find any for my Ford, Thanks.

#4 ·
if you want earlier shifts, add weight.

later shifts take weight off.

You can also adjust shift timing under light throttle via the vacuum modulator 2 methods :

Usual method of adjustable pre-load on spring inside via the hose nipple. Screw inside this nipple. Crank in ( clockwise) to increase tension = later shift

Also , the pin between the modulator and the valve inside the trans.... longer pin = later , firmer shifts. Shorter pin = softer , earlier shifts. Change length no more than 1/16 inch at a time for testing

#7 ·
When i adjusted the shift points in my th400 it was trial and error with different weights and springs which were easily accessible on the side of the trans. From everything i have read and been told the Governor on the c6 is on the tail shaft of the trans. The c6 im working on is in a bronco with a transfer case bolted to the back of it. Is there no way to access the Governor with out unbolting the transfer case? or do i have to unbolt the trans and transfer case every time i want to make an adjustment? seems like a real pain considering it might take a couple tries to get it to shift where i want.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.