Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - C6 trans setup linkage and stuff?
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 11:15 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt327 View Post
#2 gets the manifold vacuum. Leave #1 open to the air. You can use a piece of vacuum hose on it routed so nothing will get in it. Be sure it will hold vacuum. And that there is no ATF inside the vacuum hose or modulator port. If there is, it could be from the diaphragm leaking.

FWIW I am seeing elsewhere where people run w/o the kick down w/o problems, so I don't know what's up w/that. One way to get most of the needed parts is to get a Lokar kit, but it's pricy. It includes the bracket arm that goes to the tranny. I didn't look to see if there were other kits from the different vendors. The carb needs a bracket, too unless it's already on the carb. Holley sells them IIRC.

I don't think the shift arm you have is for the floor shifter. I seem to remember mine looking a lot like yours, and my Torino came w/a column shifter. At least until I changed it for a B&M floor shifter.
ahh maybe it was column shift im not sure just know it was from a mustang, i search around and read column shift ones the park is up on the linkage and floor shift is down and park for mine is down so just assumed was floor shift,

also im planning on getting a b&m floor shifter to hook the linkage up, was it hard to do? any chance you still have the car and can take photos on how it was done?

Last edited by lil-vulky; 11-12-2012 at 11:29 PM.