Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - C6 trans setup linkage and stuff?
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 09:22 PM
Get in, sit down, hang on

Last journal entry: Cab Removal
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil-vulky View Post
probably such a stupid question but what is the bolt with pipe coming out of it called? the bolt that goes in the trans cooler hole. im trying to look for 2 bolts with the trans fluid line coming out so i can sort out that but i have no idea what its called to find out where i can get them

sort of thought a way about the kick down lever too, but this is what i was thinking, getting a bit of metal making it a circle with a groove on the outside for a cable to wrap around then hooking the cable upto the carby so when i put my foot down it will pull the cable which pulls the circle which will turn the kickdown thingy, sort of how throttle bodies work on efi cars. good or bad idea, easy or hard?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
I believe that "bolt with a pipe coming out of it" is a transmission cooler line.

NAPA # BKP 8131235 are 5/16" x 60" long. I actually prefer the armored version, but I'm having trouble finding them in the on-line catalog. These are also known as steel hydraulic brake lines.

You will also need 2 brass inverted flare fittings that screw into those holes on the side of the transmission case. I'm pretty sure that the size you will need will be 1/4" male (perhaps 1/8"?) pipe thread by 5/16" female inverted tube thread.

Weatherhead #202x5x4

As far as the kickdown rod goes, I suppose you could manufacture your own using some very light tubing ... something like 1/2" OD electrical conduit. pound it flat at the ends and drill a 5/16" dia hole. (That's pretty much what Ford used to do.) It's designed to push downward on the kickdown lever, not pull it up.

I can certainly sympathize with you in regards to finding parts for North-American built Fords in NZ. There probably isn't a NAPA store in every small town like there is here.

Do you have Pantera's there?
They had a Ford drive train (351C and a C6, IIRC) Still not likely to find dozens of those in the auto wreckers either.

If you CAN locate a NAPA store, even in Australia, I can supply you with most of the part numbers for things you will need.

Exego?