Hot Rod Forum banner

cab rust worth fixing?

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  st3gamefarm 
#1 ·
Is this cab on my 48 Chevy worth fixing or should I just find a cab in better shape? The cab corners and rockers are rough too. One photo is of the hood which I think is repairable.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I can weld ok lol that's about the extent of my metal skills. Depending on cost of patch panels it might be cheaper to just get a cab the frame is pretty rough aground the Windows. I've priced a new roof panel it's almost 400 bucks. I can get a decent cab for 350 so I'm kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place. I want to learn how to do body work but I think this is above my head.

#4 ·
I would get the new cab and bet there will be plenty of other items that you can learn your metal skills on. Cab is the major part of the truck and starting with the best you can find will move the building along much faster and avoid discouragement. Trust me, you will find other parts that will require new metal skills.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.