Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - CAD program
Thread: CAD program
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 08:17 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

CAD program

OK, this is not rodding related, but I must share. I have been involved with computer aided design work for almost 25 years. I have been using all the versions of Intergraph Microstation (Now Bentley Microstation) since it's inception about 1981. My work consisted mainly of electrical/instrumentation design with a spattering of scaled design work and a little 3D. I have used Microstation to do some house plans for myself and friends. While Microstation is far easier to do house plans than a traditional drawing board, it is a chore none the less. I was recently informed of a house plans program called Chief Architech. This program completely blew me away with how easy it is to draw house plans. Rather than me trying to explaing how easy this program works I would like to direct any interested person to their web site for an animated tour.

Disclaimer: I have no financial or business connections with this company or the program. I am just amayzed at how these CAD programs are evolving and wanted to give anyone who may be interested a look if they have not already heard of it.

Enjoy
Vince