Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - cadillac northstar 4.6 swap info needed
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009, 11:32 PM

Last journal entry: Another year gone by...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

N*Star swap

Still got the N*star donor vehicle in the yard; a '94 Eldorado. Was going to transplant the N*star into a 67 Deville ragtop; exhaust, oilpan and waterpump seems to be the biggest issues. I have all the donor ecms; you can reverse the N*Star intake; and I too was looking at Megasquirt as an alternative. As a matter of fact, I'm going to use the spouse's I6, 250 6 cylinder Mustang convertible as a guniea pig for the Megasquirt, swapping the 1 barrel carb for a mid-eighties Ford TBI (she floods the 'Stang all the time). I've picked up a '70 Eldorado 500 ci motor and a 76 Eldorado fuel injected intake manifold to also use Megasquirt if the 'Stang works out. I have an Eldlebrock intake for the 500 ci, however the hood clearance prohibits the 4-inch height increase without hood modification on the Deville; which also rules out using adapter plates and a Ford 460 EFI setup. A radical modification would be to graft the entire N*Star cradle and FWD setup to your project car....lots of work, but might be worth it to avoid the x-shaped frame on a '58 Caddi (if I remember properly).