Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Cadillac Northstar in a Saturn
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2002, 12:08 PM
Jeep XJ and a Javelin

Last wiki edit: Compression test
Last journal entry: August 9, part III
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 7

*thinks about buying a rear drive car, maybe an old Buick GS (Honda got beat by a 'granny' car)*
As far as the 1.9L DOHC Satty engine goes, if I were to make it a project car, I'd prolly put a cold-air system on it, maybe make one myself. Install a factory header and cams from a '92 or '91 DOHC Satty, and it'd be a pretty quick car, enough to keep the ricers in the school lot in the mirror. There's the one or two v8 'Stangs and Camaros that'd toast me, but there's no replacement for displacement and low-end power.

From what I heard, the most powerful 1.9 DOHC satun was about 250HP, that's with a turbo, but I like running all motor. The stock pistons I heard (or it was the rods, or both) I heard are fairly brittle, and inadequate for 'high' power applications. I don't really feel like ripping the engine apart (no project car rule, it's cold, it's only a four)

Bottom line: do my intake, factory header, cams, (for '93 they killed the slightly better cam and factory header). Buy a project car (old v8 powered beater, maybe a '77 Buick Electra (350v8, turbo 350, needs help) I mentioned in a forum with the same name as this one. Fix up the beater so it's a decent cruiser, and when the Saturn engine needs rebuilt, I'd apply the 3800.

MeanCuda: I read his autobiography(titled Delrean), and he was selling his Delorean company to some drug cartel that turned out to be federal agents.

[ December 06, 2002: Message edited by: ChevelleSS_LS6 ]</p>