Cadillac parts!????!? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2003, 07:43 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Post Cadillac parts!????!?

I just bought myself a '57 Cady and now I need to find some parts. I can prefab most of the patch panels I need myself(door bottoms, etc) but the right front fender has a pretty nasty dent through the bodyline, with enough time and patience I know I could fix it but if the price was right I'd like to just get a new fender! I also need the rear bumper ends where the exhaust exits, 40yrs of exhaust takes its toll on chrome! About the only other thing I need is a new windshield, I assume that will probly be the hardest piece of this puzzle to find. The rest of the body if fine, a couple small dents, but all in all very straight. Any help on where to find some parts would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance!

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2003, 07:54 PM
Fantastically cannibalistic!

Last photo:

Like the name.

First thing is the price won't be right, ever, unless of course your wallets ready to puke. In that case send some my way. Check <a href="http://www.chevsofthe40s.com" target="_blank">these guys</a> to see if they have what your looking for. If not or your not looking to spend that much your only other option is paper classifieds, swap meets and Hemmings motor news. Secondly, if the bumper ends only have damaged chrome, get them stripped and rechromed. No need to get a new set for $$$. As for the winsheild, any glass shop can make one so it won't be the hardest to find, just probably one of the most exspensive.

You also might want to check out Hotrodit's photo album and his past sweet daddy caddy's.

HK

[ April 07, 2003: Message edited by: Halloweenking ]</p>
Old 04-07-2003, 11:28 PM

Last photo:

Or here.

HK
Old 04-07-2003, 11:48 PM
Got Ouzo for touzo

Last photo:

I've had that head-ache of looking for Caddy parts for a while now. "God bless kids with sling shots my ***** (back window). Mine however will no doubt be easier to find parts for than yours. I have found ebay has lots of parts for my '70 Coupe DeVille though. No idea if there is stuff for yours. Another place I've found stuff is at <a href="http://www.buysell.com" target="_blank">www.buysell.com</a> its here in Canada to boot. Good luck.

bonuts
Old 04-08-2003, 08:39 PM

First of all, thanks for the info, I'll have to check out those places! The bumper ends are rotted, not just tarnished or a little surface rust, but full-on rotten! So new ones(or ones in better shape) are definately in order. I'm not going to try and rush this project(when you can't find parts I don't think that's possible anyways), so I'll be checkin out the swap meets and classifieds and so forthe first before I go to the re-pro companies.

Oh, and my wallet is not even close to puking, I'd say more like dieing of starvation!
Old 04-08-2003, 09:21 PM

Last photo:

HK

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.