Calling on SATA experts - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2006, 09:59 PM
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Calling on SATA experts

I have been offered the use of this gun. I used it for the first time today laying down some clear. It did a good job, but seemed to put out a lot of over spray, much like a conventional gun. I have been on the Sata web site and found that this is a discontinued gun. Problem is they list about four NR92's some HVLP and some that do not say HVLP, some that have a "K" designation and so forth. How do I know if this is a "K", and "H" or whatever? I am trying to positively nail down if this gun is HVLP. Any info would be greatly appreciated. It is a SataJet NR 92 green in color.

Thanks
Vince

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2006, 07:30 AM
adtkart@aol.com

Last photo:

Vince... I am definately not a SATA expert. I have used one (Sata 2000 I believe)that belonged to a painter friend of mine, and loved the finish that I got from it. I had noticed when he used it that there seemed to be alot of overspray from it. That isn't a problem for him, as he sprays in a High Dollar paint booth with good air flow, using company materials. His used alot of air and materials, and wouldn't be worthwhile for me that way.

As I said, I am not a SATA expert. I was told that the green NR92 he had was not a HVLP gun, so I didn't borrow that one. I didn't know that they had more than one NR92.

As expensive as materials are, I hate seeing the stuff in my filters as it is. I need all of the help I can get.

Aaron
Old 05-01-2006, 08:57 AM
Last photo:

Thanks Aaron, I suspect this Sata is not HVLP. Their web site leaves a bit to be desired as far as information is concerned. Here is what I have been able to find a listing for.

SataJet B
NR-92
NR-95
HVLP

SataJet H
NR-92
NR-95
HVLP

SataJet K
NR-92
NR-95
HVLP

SataJet K
NR-92
HM

I have no idea what the B, H, K, and HM mean. In addition this gun has no identifiers on it, other than NR 92. For guns that are supposed to be the cats meow they sure are ambiguous about them.

Vince
Old 05-01-2006, 12:45 PM
Problem Child,Hard Case

Last journal entry: Strangest job I've ever done
Last photo:

As far as I know Vince, all the green Jets are HVLP. As to what psi it's "supposed" to spray at for the 10# at the cap, I don't have a clue.
I've got a list at home and I'll check it tonight.
Also, Most painters I know do not care for those Jets. Atomization is poor and they either went back to the old Jet 90 conv. or opted for the 2000.
Some of the letter designation has to do with specific applications as they do use these lines for every type of "fluid transfer" from cars to furnature.
Yeah, Their site is kinda tough to understand.
Like I posted earlier, I can't even find my NEW Jet90-2 there.
Probbly be a lot easier if you knew German huh?
Old 05-01-2006, 07:24 PM
adtkart@aol.com

Last photo:

Maybe their German pages have better information. I really wasn't as impressed with their pages as alot of people are with their guns. Like I said, I think it was a 2000 that I used. It made me look like I knew what I was doing, and we all know that isn't the case. LOL If I was working in a shop that supplied the materials, I would consider owning one of them. As for the NR92, I would have to try one of them, knowing if it was actually a HVLP.

Aaron
Old 05-01-2006, 08:20 PM

hey bee 4 mee how do you like the new 90-2 ? my paint rep says it is an excellent gun for the money, i have a nr2000 ,3- sata 90's, and a klc sata primer gun, im thinkin about the 90-2, i have been shooting paint with my reg. 90's, for as long as they have been out. i think the 90's are as good as it gets in my opinion. im old school and i feel better with my reg 90's than the nr 2000, so im curious about this 90-2, sorry for being long winded, mike.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:36 PM
Problem Child,Hard Case

Last photo:

It has better transfer,"supposedly" 10% less than the 2000,Runs at 45-48 PSI and does a number on silver. Great fan,1.4 tip, and is around 260.00 from a reasonable dealer. Basically a RP version of the old 90 convential.
Downsides,
It's kinda overweight IMO and a little on the large side. Still puts out a cloud and wastes paint but not as bad as the old 90. It's a pewter blue color not the chrome RP they advertise. It's a nice gun and if your a big Jet 90 fan, it's the one to have.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:01 PM
Problem Child,Hard Case

Last photo:

Here are a couple pics.
Part # is123232
Vince, My list ain't that old sorry. I'm going to a buds shop tomm. and I'll ask him. He's got 3 green jet's I know so maybe he can clue us in.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05598.JPG
Views:	81
Size:	213.8 KB
ID:	11913   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05599.JPG
Views:	85
Size:	141.1 KB
ID:	11914  

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.