Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - CalTec suspension on a S10
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2011, 10:16 AM
Handyman

Last journal entry: 2010 Drag Truck
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

CalTec suspension on a S10

Ok guys I have a question about adjusting my Caltec bars on my S10 drag truck. I have the system with the bars and the mono 2" drop leafs. When I installed them I did as caltec said and adjusted them until they touched the springs then added one full turn. When I take off from the line I still spin the tires all the way thru 1st and 2nd gear. I am 300 to 400 feet down the track when the tires finally hook up. I have tried to add one or two rounds in the PS bar but it doesn't seem to help. I also loosened up the spring hanger bolts so that it would have more movement for weight transfer. But no luck. I now have 100 pounds of weight in the PS corner of the bed. It helps some but still not what I was expecting. I run a 265-50-15 BF Goodrich T/A Drag radial with 14 pounds of air. I have tried as low as 12 and as high as 18.
I'm looking for any help in this matter. I know there has to be a better adjustment then adding weight.