Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - cam bearing tool, help
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 09:14 PM
done learning, done living

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

all the tool application says is for a sbc, is a 4.3 liter or any other v6 considered a small block chevy? I'm not going to send the tool back to them though. I paid like 32 bucks for the tool and it would probably cost me like 10 bucks shipping to send it back so I would only get about 20 bucks or so back out of it. The tool is packaged in a molded plastic, not a case just a disposable plastic used for the sale of the item. There is no mold in the plastic for an extension bar. I will call them tomorrow and tell them what they are selling is misleading and I am not very pleased about it. The snap on tool I purchased does come with an extension bar but the main bar is long enough to reach all the way through to the #5 bearing and still have like 6 or 8 inches sticking out the front of the block. The extension bar must be for big blocks maybe? I think for a hundred bucks it was a good investment. My machine shop charges 25 bucks to install all 5 bearings. So I have four more engines to build before I start saving money with it.