Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Cam grind numbers
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 09:22 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

by the way, this is a camshaft that i installed in a marine 350. it only made 300 hp on a desktop dyno at 4700 rpms with the parts list i used and the guy at the marina who did the desktop dyno for me said i am an idiot. and i am. he proceeded to show me how some double springs and a different cam would have made 400 hp with my flattop shortblock (that i build with silvolites) with some different grind numbers. and it would do it at 4000 RPMS!!!!! i am an idiot and i want to get this 305 right on the money. shop that sold me the cam asked me about a parts list, i told him i had stock heads and thats the cam he gave me. he added no advise to this like the genius marine tech guy. the marine genius guy told me that the shop tech shoulda told me i was building a turd but i think he wanted to dust off this old cam and sell it. by the way the boat does haul some *** because it was origionally a 260 hp 350. i was able to prop up one size and ontop of that, i gained 1000 rpms above the old rpm and this thing sounds incredible at an idle, youd think i had a big block in that thing. did 46 mph, now it does 55 mph. id have the marine guy help me build up this 305 but he goes to florida in the winter and i am buying parts now. that is why i am asking so much on the forum lately. also whene i try to ask the marine guy to explain things he tells me to buy a book. hes probably right. he has been so far.