Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Cam grind numbers
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 11:15 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

whene you say modified...if i were to grind the ports myself...could that help? as i understand it now, it is bad if i smooth out the intake runners and ports, i will loose precious atomization at low rpm? is it even necessary to port the heads if theyll never see any high rpms? how much "flow" do i really need at a low rpm? how do i know what flow number ill need to get intake velocity? there is so much experience needed to hop up a stock motor. i would just pick a old standby build and go to town if if i wanted raw power. speaking more of the heads, i dont even know what the intake runner cc's are, nor the exhaust. they are 1.84 434 castings. i guess at this point the heads are the real factor. parts matching is something for veteran builders i guess. i kinda understand it but once you figure out one aspect there is another limiting factor that kills any medium i thought there might have been. thank you very very much for your patience and insight.