Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - cam and heads and valve spring mismatch.
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 10:04 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinn View Post
If those are the 350 heads you need to mill them to 58-60cc. Are you compensating with dome? Flat is fine. Reprogram trans with springs and wts and alter trans shifts to 5200+rpm . Go with as much stall as you can. Go with as much gear as you will tolerate.

Look in my journal. I have a 305 with 906 vortec heads, performer cam, 3.73, 3000 stall lockup , q jet at first.

I was looking to get my c10 close to the acceleration of the grand nationals of the time. I needed a supercharger.
my compression with flattop pistons and .041 quench distance lends me 10.6 to 1 compression. if anything i am too high as it were i beleive. your build is very similar to mine thank you for your considerations. i am still considering a taller gear ration in the diff. i may not need it ill wait till the truck goes down the road to change the gears in the diff. its already got 3.73's kinda lookin for that low rpm rumbler. not exactly interested in 3000 rpms just to creap up the driveway and to the mailbox lol. this truck will bring my kids to school and deliver firewood for my winter woodstove and roadtrip me to my hunting and fishing camps on weekends.

Last edited by s-10again!; 02-28-2013 at 10:12 PM.