Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Cam/lifter break in Oil
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 12:56 PM

Last journal entry: Frame Basics
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

OK looks like good product Joe, but I am not in the US, and I am looking for something local here in Niagara Falls.
Did find Permatex "Ultra Slick" Engine Assembly Lube, very sticky red stuff, no info on it. Contains some kind of environmentally hazardous material as it has the MSA symbol on the back of the 4 oz bottle. I suspect some kind of zinc compound. This one will require some research. I remember a thread mentioning this stuff, but did not think I would come across it.
Another one I found was Lucas "Engine Break-in Oil", which has a big label on the front informing the user, the product contains zinc, and that it would kill catalytic converters with continued use. Oil change required after 1000 miles. Label advised that product was good as an assembly lube.
the only moly disulfide lubricant I found was as a high pressre grease in a tube, and I don't think thats something I would use in an engine as an assembly lubricant.
Any comments?