Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Cam/lifter break in Oil
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 04:46 PM
Yada Yada Yada

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 27TRoadsterguy View Post
No, unfortnately its hydraulic lifters, I want to go that way, with a street/strip cam and solid lifters, but I think building a flathead would have been an easier task. I will tell you something, I went to Jack dow's and came out empty handed, Rob doesn't carry Moly products at all, and he said he can't get it. I went to the GM dealer down the street and got a pint of EOS, but they don't stock the cam and lifter pre-lube stuff any more. They can get it but I would have to buy a case, and thats not gonna happen. I am stuck with no material for the lifter faces, except the Permetex Ultra Slick, so that's how my day has gone. One nice thing about being retired.... I have lots of time to chase down parts and materials for an antique engine thats almost as old as I am...LOL
call the Home hardware store in Stamford Plaza or on McLeod rd. The Molyslip products are listed on their online site. They should have it.
Fallsway Auto Supply on Desson. Any of the many local automotive machine shops will have it or can get it next day.

http://www.kcautoparts.com/

Last edited by F-BIRD'88; 07-11-2012 at 05:06 PM.