Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Cam lope in cold weather?
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 10:28 PM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Being that you have experience with our northern climate and what's required to keep a car mobile in these cold conditions ...throw some 3 inch wood screws in the lugs on the tires, run an inner tube with a liner and have fun ice racing...It worked for my 10 speed 100cc Kawasaki...no reason it can't work on a truck...LOL.

You've got it covered...best of luck to you my friend...many people don't know what a block heater is, let alone a circulating one. The only two species of northern climate members of the human race that are tougher than a Canadian would be the Inuit and their dog sleds and people from Alaska.

The funny thing is, It's not to far from the truth. the coldest I've seen in Northern Saskatchewan was -48 Celsius...thank God my car was covered in snow or it would've never started.

Just off topic, but interesting, I remember my father in a cold spell in January one winter getting a roll of toilet paper, soaking it in kerosine and letting it slow burn under the oil pan until the oil got warm enough to turn the engine over.

Ray