Thread: CAM Questions
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 07:59 AM
How fast is fast enough?

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadmanof50s View Post
Wow... I was almost certain that this was a discussion forum and not a lecture hall.

Greg, I don't understand what you don't understand. I'm certain not everyone on this group is an expert that did it right from day one...if they were, they probably wouldn't really need this forum.

Pretty sure that most of us learn by mistakes. I guess its possible that some us of were born knowing all this stuff...but not me. (I'm feeling so deprived.)

I haven't figurd out a way to go back and change things in the past...so "asking the questions before" is pretty much a pointless endeavor. Oh and by the way, last time I checked, the forum doesn't restrict us to asking questions that we will only like the answers to. I'm pretty sure we can ask questions were we won't like the answers....we should check the rules. Lets ask the administrator....

Administrator: Is it ok if I ask a question that I won't like the answer to? or can I only ask questions that will make me happy?

Oh and by the way...I almost forgot....that's right..this is a hobby for me. I did not wake up one day and decided to plan and build the best and the fastest ..and the least crappy. I just wanted a car to enjoy and maybe get a bit better performance. I haven't been planning this for months or years. I didn't adjust the mortgage so I can finance my ride accordingly...I didn't abstain from my normal life to plan my car.....sorry to disappoint you.

You guys must have some pretty impressive cars ..cause it seems everything else is lame, usless or crappy. Does anyone else on this forum have useless, crappy and lame cars? I think maybe there are one or two..or maybe I'm the only one.. Us guys with crappy cars should just leave (I sure felt like it after this thread) ..since we are probably just wasting our time and money here.

Here's a good idea: Lets stick to the constructive technical stuff and leave all the descriptive, degrading adjectives out. Here's another one: ...lets answer the question to the best of our ability, point out mistakes and oh..yeah..lets act our age...(I'm 55 and lost tolerance for arrogance and BS a long time ago).

Thank you! for pointing out the errors I have made. I will seriously consider all the valuable technical information F-bird and everyone has taken the time to post. I will promptly dump out the rest of the useless, (my turn)...crappy and lame comments and descriptions on this thread.

Vic Brincat
I have a crappy car, the number 1 thing I need to change on it next is gears. Nothing besides boost pressure can make as much of a difference. Your heads will make an improvement, roller rockers will not change it enough to be noticed. Heads are NOT a bad thing but gears will make a bigger difference.

Fwiw this is a hobby for 90% of us, and as far as arrogance goes I'm the most arrogant one in this thread, and many on this forum will testify to that. That being said to make the same difference gears would you'll need to pick up a little over 10% torque at the same rpm you cruise at. That'll be damn hard to do with your POS cam. Swapping the cam and heads can do that, but will cost three times as much as gears. Id do gears and cam and maybe heads down the road. That's not arrogance its 3rd grade math.