Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - cam selection
Thread: cam selection
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 05:48 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

cam selection

F-BIRD'88 just trying to save you some money in the long run. Once you take it to the track a couple of times you will want more power. With a good heads and the compression you have, intake and 750 cfm, all that would be needed for more power would be a cam change. Besides with your short block with the upgrades and the cam you are looking at you can still drive it on the street. Ain't you ever heard the expression "HOT Street". I have a 454 I've had since 1997. At first I ran a set of oval port factory heads heavily ported. I decided to freshen it up about 5 years later. Eagle 4.00 forged crank, new Eagle I-beam rods, new rings and bearings. I already had a Crower solid roller .641/.636 and 256*/266*. I wanted a set of aluminum heads. I found a deal on the internet on a set of Edelbrock Performer RPM rectangular heads #60559 for $1395.00 (New assembled.). Now when I look back I wish I had bought a set of Brodix, Dart, or AFR's. It's not the intake runner size, it is the exhaust runner size that is small on Edelbrock heads. BTW, my last Christmas present from me to me was a 489 Eagle forged rotating assembly... Runs on pump gas too.