Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Which cam for supercharged 440 on the street?
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 09:45 AM
bentwings

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

You may want to look at the Edelbrock Rpm cam. They are 234/246 and .480/.495 lift. I do agree with you lobe center thought. I think it will help the idle vac some.

I put 12k miles on mine (SBC) this year and really like the way it worked. I have a smooth but authoritive idle at 800/850 and it will atually idle at 700 if I want it to. Absolutely no Detroit roll. I won't even drive the car if it does....something is wrong. I get 13 inches of vacuum at 800 rpm. I also use a vacuum advance on the dist. This will give you additional vacuum...2 inches on mine. Much better gas mileage too.
You have the same cruise plans as I do so here are my thoughts.

I use a 2800/3000 converter so the e-brake will hold it in gear. This is a perfect converter for a blown car in my mind. Do get a good one however as you will have enough power to balloon a cheap one.

I'd look at Hoosier Pro Street tires. These are great when it gets wet and have good all around handling. Mine show very little wear after a full year of hotrodding. You don't really need burnouts with these either. Get as big as you can....you will need them with your combo.

As for blowing off the imports....just be carfull....they mine have medical condition after you blast them haha

I normally don't do street racing but a Mini Cooper asked for it one day. All I can say is that I don't think he will be messing around any more with "antique cars" with goofy looking scoops sticking out of the hood. haha