camaro clips - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Suspension - Brakes - Steering
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2004, 01:45 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

camaro clips

Hi All I have put a cmaro clip in my cornbinder 1/2 ton, and have put it back together. the suspension has not come down off its stops yet and am wondering if its normal to have to cut the coils down on these. any suggestions on coil cutting. wouldn,t normally do this. would have some made to length fresh but have no starting point
Thanks tuk

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2004, 05:37 PM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

Used a Nova clip in my 51 Ford and didn't have to cut coils. Is all the weight on the suspension? Engine, front end etc................

Budget RVs
Old 05-23-2004, 03:54 PM

Last photo:

clips

hey poncho thanks for the reply yes i have the power train in and cab on, engine set back as far as poss. it is just ready to come off the stops but takes about 100 more pounds.
Humor i'm 51 and just sold my 51 ford , it had 230000 miles on it and i wanted a cornbinder as i grew up with one and my dad screwed me out of it. i satrted on the binder 6 weeks ago and am putting the cab on now. has come out very nice so far it's not for show , we drive em year round, putting a set of guages together today in the old dash, quite a job retrofiting the new in the old panel
e-mail me and i'll send you pics of my old 51
thanks good day tuk

sorry new to this i guess ya need an e-mail
it's gng1@shaw.ca
tuk
Old 05-23-2004, 08:07 PM

Last photo:

You said that you set the engine back as far as possible. That may be part of the problem. Setting the engine back takes weight off of the front end. Mine sits in the stock Nova location. You may have to go with lighter springs. Cutting the coils won't make it any softer ride.

Speaking of getting screwed over by the old man, my dad had a 55 International panel truck when I was about 14. He bought it from Downsveiw airport when it shut down, so it had low mileage. I wanted that truck real bad, but he traded it in on a 68 Chevy van..............................oh well.

Where you at tuk?....I live near Toronto.

Budget RVs
Old 05-24-2004, 03:58 AM
Glad To Be Here

Last photo:

Re: camaro clips

Quote:
Originally posted by tuk
Hi All I have put a cmaro clip in my cornbinder 1/2 ton, and
Excuse my ignorance, but what is a cornbinder? Never heard that expression before. Must be a Canadian thing, ehh?
Old 05-24-2004, 05:09 AM
3rdmember

Last photo:

International=cornbinder.

we just called 'em "binders"

btw, what year binder ya got there,tuk?
Old 05-25-2004, 12:23 PM

Last photo:

binder

Hi all
i posted a pic of my truck oin the gallery. I cut on coil off my coils and it worked out perfect . it's just stiff enough out of a z car, so now i'll have standen spring build me a new set. stance is just right i think. we live three blocks south of the igloos for yo all down south there. Just south of calgary ab. where the hockey gurus are gonna do it this year, starting tonight, HHaaaaaaaaaaaah wouldn't put any money on it though. have a good day guys
tuk
Old 05-25-2004, 12:56 PM

Last photo:

Your "binder" looks great tuk......post a pic of your old Ford in your gallery too..........

Budget RVs
Old 06-02-2004, 09:46 AM

Last photo:

51 ford

hey Poncho how ya doin
I found my ford on the net where i posted it for sale. chev is still for sale. i posted it in my profile. it had thengine set back as far as possible and th c/g was almost bang on 12 pounds difference front to rear. it also had a tognotti g/jack in it an would jack weight from side to side and front to rear. 85 % of it's weight in 7 millonths of a second. the fellow that bought it bought it because he liked the way it would smoke the tires at 140 k pulling a trailer. he's had it for about 8 months now and just e-mailed me has put 15,000 on it and loves it to death. don't know what he'd a thought if i left the g/jack in it. there dangerous in the wrong hands. I taught steering for bear for about ten years, and was the technical advisor for them. like corners in big old tall trucks chasin vettes down our old mountain roads here. I'm also building a 1942 english ford thames panel for my wife, i'll post if i can find pics of it. it's a tough build but were about 3/4 done. has a fullie 4.3 with 350 flat tops roler everything 310 lbs torque from1650 to 4800, 3.75-1 diff 3.9-1 1st gear. should be a real burper. c/g is 55 rear and 45 front on this one. it will be a busrt. I stared on the binder 6 weeks ago and it'll be in velvet in one month. and back to the thames as upper management wants her truck nowwwwwwwwwwwwww. you know my running boards and fenders are free. just do a rod run out here and throw them in the box on the way back. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOd day bud
tuk
Old 06-02-2004, 05:22 PM

Last photo:

Wish I could get out that far west this year.........................I plan on taking a trip around Lake Superior this summer, but only have 2 weeks.

Budget RVs

Recent Suspension - Brakes - Steering posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.