Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Camaro Door Straighten
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 07:41 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbodyman View Post
Why not go to the local U pull it and get another door 10 min and your done you'll spend more than the price on materials alone not to mention the 20 hrs of time you'll e wasting ...theres lots of those cars in the yards. and in all likelyhood it'll need pins and bushings anyway so why not just replace it...
and still get a respectable job

Bondo...30.00
primer ...50.00 a qt
20 hrs labor
not to mention 50.00 worth of sandpaper (all the grits)

a good used door .....50.00

OH yeah and save THAT kind of work for something thats hard to find like a Mersadies ,LOL.
Seriously though Its good to see someone with enough confidence in themselves to think they can spread that much bondo & primer and have it look perfect or even good for that matter...
My Green Camaro took best in class it's first outing, I blocked the whole car, even reworked the roof to quarter seems, yeah the confidence is there.

A good used door for fifty bucks, LOL!!! I searched for months around here and ended up buying one on evil bay for $180.00 only to find out is waffled worse than the one already on the car. $50.00 Camaro doors are in the same plausibiltiy as car craft making money on all their six cylinder to v/8 swaps by selling off the parts for $500.00 that nobody else could give away. We never had a car come back to our shop with bodywork falling out of it. An 1/8" of filler ain't gonna fall out. Just saying.......
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	camarowheels.JPG
Views:	73
Size:	1.66 MB
ID:	69674