Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Camaro Door Straighten
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 04:35 PM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last journal entry: 360 mopar
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldduster360 View Post
Hi Jester,

Here is a pic where most of the nasty dent was already pulled, if I can find a good before shot I will post that too. In this pic you can see the little bit left to pull out. Note how the crown line is pushed in too, you can see allot of little hammer marks in an arc above the crown line where dents are pulled out. By pulling below the crown line where the nasty crease was I was able to strike the crease line above the crown with a pick hammer. This released the stress in the metal and popped out the top of the dent too and brought the crown line out to about where it was before the impact. To add insult to injury this door had been smacked once before too, so it was good and work hardened. A PDR guy would have broke his tool trying to straighten this one if he could even get to it because of guard beam inside door. Oh yeah, thanx for not flaming me, my wife is complaing how hot our living room is getting.

I don't agree that " Your cheep " Or how you should fix something in your own home ! That's your business! You posted something and probably thought twice before you posted? But Im here to help people that are
not knowledgeable about the right and wrong ways of building performance cars or classics!!!! If you titled your post "Don't do as I do" or "an example of dong body work wrong" Or "This wont last long" I would of passed on a reply LOL!!!

My door on the 79 is done! my rear quarter is hit exactly like yours!!!! right on the fender lip and ridge just a little worse LOL Yours looks already mudded and I think I see a small hole right on the edge ?? Im not sure? I went to a wrecking yard and found a Camaro with a wrecked quarter and asked if I could cut a patch out of it! they said yes! I took my own torches water and an extinguisher and cut out a large section ! ( They charged me 10 bucks) Took it home And made a nice neat patch of that area (But much smaller then what I cut off the wrecked Quarter) and will cut my quarter and weld it in. Its easier and cheaper then trying to straighten that area to me! But I could have half A*$ed it with a hammer and mud!

Jester

There's a big gap in one sentence on the post that isn't there when I proof read or go to edit what gives??

Last edited by painted jester; 12-09-2012 at 04:43 PM.